The following are specific objectives of quality assurance at SUA:
- Provide guidance in development and implementation of internal and external quality assurance procedures and practices;
- Mainstream quality in planning, implementation and evaluation at all levels;
- Provide a framework for ensuring quality delivery of academic programs and other services offered within the University
- Propel SUA to greater achievement in development of knowledge, technology and scholarly attainment; and
- Contribute towards enhanced application of knowledge, technology and scholarship to solve current and emerging societal problems in the pursuit towards achieving SUA, national, regional and international development goals 
The achievement of these objectives shall be contributed to by the specified strategies in the QAP 2017.
 Relevant development goals as stipulated in various documents such as SUA CSP 2016- 2021, HEDP, NSGPR/MKUKUTA, Development Vision 2025 and Kilimo Kwanza.